The Be Safe proposal aims at transferring to Belarus the most recent knowledge and good practices developed in Europe in the field of road safety and Local Universities are the key actors to start this process.
Starting from these concepts and knowledge developed within the European Road Safety Observatory developed by EU partners, the proposal aims to:
• Developing and test in Belarus two 1st level University Masters (60 ECTS) according to the Bologna process standards, one for Engineering faculties and one for Economics faculties.
• “Train the Trainer” supporting Local Academics in defining and delivering the Masters;
• Providing each Local University with a laboratory dedicated to road safety;
• Disseminating through the newsletters, events, workshops and seminars the importance of research in the field of road safety;
• Setting up a national coordinated network of Universities, public bodies, private companies and NGOs on road safety involving Local Universities in the wider European network of research centres on road safety;
These aims will be achieved thanks to a mix of activities such as: education, training, conferences and public events, web based dissemination activities and exploitation activities.
This mix of activities will address: Academics, Public bodies, private companies, Populations at large and NGOs. The main outputs after the project will be:
• A Masters in road safety formally approved by the Ministry of Education (who provided a support letter to the project),
• Internationalisation of research on road safety;
• A Road Safety Network in Belarus;
• The Belarusian Road Safety Observatory;
• A series of measure that will effectively improve the road safety locally such as a Decision Support System for the City of Minsk
Within the framework of the Tempus programme the Belarusian Road Safety Network project (Project Number: 544181-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-IT-TEMPUS-JPCR, Grant Agreement Number 2013-4550/001-001) started in December 2013 and will end in November 2016.
The consortium is composed of three European Union universities and four Belarusian Universities.
Beside the Centro di ricerca per il Trasporto e la Logistica of “Sapienza”, University of Rome that is the project coordinator other two EU Universities involved are: Transport Safety Research Centre from Loughborough University and the National Technical University of Athens.
The Four Belarusian Universities are:
Belarusian National Technical University,
Brest State Technica lUniversity,
Belarusian State University of Transport
Belarusian State University of Economics.Projet Website
The Training was held under the Erasmus+ Project “Library Network Support Services (LNSS): modernising libraries in Armenia, Moldova and Belarus through library staff development and reforming library services”.
The summer school, funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) will start with visits to European Institutions in Strasburg, followed by llectures and presentations in Essen and last from 22.08. - 31.08.2016.
Application deadline: 05.02.2016.
Working language is English.
Travel costs and costs foe stay are covered by DAAD
See more information in the FLYER.
We are pleased to invite all those who are not indifferent to English and who want to upgrade their English skills to join “English Speaking Club” at our university.
The meeting between head of department of informatics and applied mathematics Siarhei Parfamuk and the university’s undergraduates was held on October 30, 2015 on the theme "Participation of the Brest State Technical University in the CERES project".
I am Alexandra from Spain and I am going to tell you about my experience in Belarus.
My name is Ibrahim Al-Rashdi, 24 years old. I am a student from Sultanate of Oman. In summer 2014 I have visited the republic of Belarus, Brest State Technical University...
On the 2 June, 2014 a group of Chinese students with their supervisor had a nice trip. We visited castles of Mir and Nesvizh. The trip was exciting and full of positive emotions. We enjoyed the beauty of Belarusian nature and the old architecture.